Why Stem Cell Therapy?
Clinical research recommendation stem cell therapy benefits have been grown dramatically in recent decades. The most promising thing about stem cell therapy — and similar prolotherapy treatments including PRP — is that they offer relief for patients with chronic pain and difficult-to-heal injuries, all without medications or risky reconstructive surgeries. These days, researchers are also uncovering ways to apply stem cell treatments. This is best for common chronic conditions such as Vision improvement, heart disease, neuro-degenerative diseases, diabetes and so on.
The most common use of stem cell treatments in prolotherapy is managing pain. Most consider stem cell therapy to be a form of “interventional pain-management,” meaning it’s a minimally invasive technique. This kind of Treatment involves injecting stem cells (along with an anesthetic and sometimes other substances) around painful and damaged nerves, tendons and joints or muscle tissue.
What specific types of conditions can stem cell therapy help treat? Some of the most common include osteoarthritis knee pain, tennis elbow, shoulder pains or rotator cuff injuries, tendonitis, Achilles tendon injuries and now cardiovascular diseases like atherosclerosis.
There are now more options available to patients than ever before for various types of prolotherapy treatments, but the type of prolotherapy Expert recommends the most is the unique approach to stem cell therapy offered.
What Is Stem Cell Therapy?
This therapy is a type of treatment option that uses a patient’s own stem cells to help repair damaged tissue & repair injuries. It’s usually performed relatively quickly through injections. and is a simple outpatient or in office procedure.
This type of treatment has also been found to help:
- It speeds up the length of time it takes for injuries or wounds to heal
- Reduce pain, even chronic joint pain, with less need for medications
- Increase functionality, range of motion, flexibility and sleep quality
- Reduce muscle compensations and risk for future injuries
- Decrease nerve damag
- Increase collagen
- Help generate new heart and blood vessel tissue
- Help heal skin wounds, prevent formation of scar tissue and reduce hair loss
- Return patients to their normal activities as quickly as possible
According to the National Institute of Health,
Stem cells are important for living organisms for many reasons. In 3 to 5 day; old embryo called a blastocyst the inner cells give rise to the entire body of the organism. That is including all of the many specialized cell types and organs such as the heart, lungs, skin, sperm, eggs and other tissues. In some of adult tissues such as bone marrow muscle and brain discrete populations of adult stem cells generate replacements for other cells that are lost through normal wear and tear injury or disease.
The California Stem Cell Agency reports that there is “no limit to the types of diseases that could be treated with stem cell research.” Because of their amazing abilities to help with regrowth, stem cell therapy treatments are now being used (or continuously researched) in regards to treating:
- Orthopedic injuries and musculus-o-skeletal problems
- Wounds and incisions following surgeries
- Spinal cord injuries, brain trauma and spinal stenosis
- Cardiovascular diseases, including hypertension, coronary heart disease, stroke and congestive heart failure (ranked as the number one cause of death in the United States every year since 1900!)
- Hair loss
- Vision impairment
- Diabetes and other pancreatic dysfunctions
- Neuro degenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer’s
How Stem Cell Therapy Works?
Stem cells are usually taken from one of two areas in the patient’s body. And bone marrow or adipose (fat) tissue in their upper thigh/abdomen. Because it’s common to remove stem cells from areas of stored body fat. Some refer to stem cell therapy as “Adipose Stem Cell Therapy” in some cases.
Once stem cells from removed from one of these locations. They are placed in a “centrifuge machine” that spins them very very quickly. And concentrates the substances that are most valuable. (including up to seven different types of natural growth factors). The sample of concentrated stem cells is then injected directly into the patient’s affected painful area allowing the cells. Growth factors to go to work immediately, building new skin cells, connective tissue and so on.
You would be curious “What exactly makes stem cells so beneficial and gives stem cell injections the power to do this healing?” Stem cells have the following unique characteristics, uses and healing abilities:
- They are not specialized meaning stem cells can be removed from one part of the body. and replaced into another part that is damaged and then transform into the exact type of cell needed in order to help carry out repair work.
- Unlike cells stem cells divide and can become another type of cell with a specialized function. (muscle cell, a red blood cell heart cell brain cell, etc.)
- Because this contains natural growth factors stem cells accelerate the body’s natural healing response. and lower pain without the need for pain-killing medications.
- Awesome results:- They reproduce quickly and can continue dividing in areas even after long periods of inactivity. So benefits are experienced within a short period of time. Most patients need to receive treatments for anywhere between one week to three months,
- but many start experiencing reductions in pain, improved mobility and better overall functionality within 1–2 treatments.
Benefits of Stem Cell Therapy Orthopedic Injuries
Type of stem cells being used in the most advance cutting edge for orthopedic practices. This includes those offered at the various clinic available in India. And are called Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs). A growing body of research shows that MSCs have the capability of differentiating and forming new orthopedic tissues that make up muscle, bones, cartilage and tendons, ligaments and adipose tissue.
Research Study suggests that in treating orthopedic problems fat-derived MSCs tend to under-perform bone marrow derived stem cells. Therefore, bone derived is the preferred method. This is unbelievable fact when bone marrow cells are dramatically concentrated using advanced centrifuge equipment. Certain other studies have found that these advanced samples can contain up to 25 different growth factors and other beneficial rebuilding substances.
Researchers Are hoping
In the Research studies regarding orthopedic care — such as those used for cartilage replacement, bone repair and soft-tissue repair – bone marrow stem cells injections have been found to: reduce chronic pain, heal stubborn injuries, improve functionality and return patients to their normal routine sometimes within just one week.
Wondering if MSCs for orthopedic injuries are safe?
There is no evidence of overgrowth of MSCs in damaged tissue or reason to believe there’s risk for tumour growth. Advanced clinics actually count cells before injecting them and carefully monitor progress. According by various research MSCs safely stop proliferating once they physically contact each other, because this signals to them that the affected area has reached its full potential in growth.
“This Can Be Used to Treat Cardiovascular Diseases”
Cardiovascular diseases can deprive heart tissue of oxygen and cause scar tissue to form which changes blood flow / blood pressure. Research suggests that stem cells taken from adult bone marrow have the ability to differentiate into those needed to repair the heart and blood vessels, thanks to the secretion of multiple growth factors. There are several ways in which stem cell therapy is now being used and further researched in regards to improving recovery of heart disease are:
- Helping to repair and growth of blood vessel tissue sample.
- Generating specialized muscle cells of the heart to grow new tissue
- Decreasing formation of scar tissue helping to restore blood flow and blood pressure capacity.
- Decreasing over-stretching of cardiac cells. This thereby restoring normal cardiac output (this helps prevent heart failure)
- Improving formation of new capillaries
Research institute are taking care to assess the safety and efficacy of this approach, stem cell types used in heart disease treatment include: embryonic stem (ES) cells, cardiac stem cells, myoblasts (muscle stem cells), adult bone marrow-derived cells, umbilical cord blood cells, mesenchymal cells (bone marrow-derived cells) and endothelial progenitor cells (these form the interior lining of blood vessels).
Helps Heal Wounds and Incisions
Studies have found and recorded that stem cell treatments can help improve the growth of healthy new skin tissue, improve collagen production, stimulate hair growth after loss or incisions, and help replace scar tissue with newly formed healthy tissue.
One of the ways stem cells help facilitate wound healing is by increasing collagen concentrations in the skin, which shrinks as it matures and thereby strengthens and tightens the damaged area. This same therapy also applies to treating connective tissue injuries related to collagen/cartilage loss, such as those caused by osteoarthritis or overuses that affect ligaments or tendons.
Treats Neuro-degenerative Diseases
Recent progress in the treatment of diseases like Parkinson’s, Huntington’s, Alzheimer’s and stroke. Which recovery show that transplanted adult stem cells can be used to form new brain cells, neurons and synapses following cognitive degeneration or brain injuries.
As per the recent research conducted by the Research Centre for Stem Cell Biology and Cell Therapy in Sweden is still underway, but current findings show that stem cells can improve synaptic circuits, optimize functional recovery, offer relief from degeneration symptoms, slow down disease progression and potentially even more.
Number of stem cells injections / grafts work in neuro-degeneration treatment are: normalizing striatal dopamine release, impairing akinesia (loss of voluntary movement), replacing neurons destroyed by the ischemic lesions following strokes and halting destruction of nonindustrial dopaminergic neurons.
Might Help Overcome “Immune Rejection” Disorders (Including Diabetes & Autoimmune Diseases)
This to be noted that Immune rejection is the term used to describe damage to healthy tissues. And cells in patients with auto immune disorders with other inflammatory conditions. In people who suffer from type1 diabetes. For example the cells of the pancreas that normally produce insulin are destroyed by the patient’s own immune system; in people with thyroid disorders, the thyroid gland is attacked and damaged.
Researchers continues to show us that certain adult stem cells. Capable of differentiating and producing needed cells, such as insulin-producing cells. That eventually could be used in with people diabetes. This amazing strategy is still being researched extensively. That is not yet widely available, as scientists continue to experiment with reliable strategies for generating new cells / tissues. It will not be rejected or harm the patient once implanted.
Stem Cell Therapy vs. Other Types of Prolo-therapy
- With any other prolo-therapy treatment the injection irritation. and needle micro-trauma to the affected area. this helps to start the repair process. Since stem cell prolo-therapy supplies natural growth factors the process is often faster and more powerful.
- Most prolo-therapy / P.R.P. treatments rely on using your body’s own growth factors. Along with a portion of stem cells but more advanced stem cell treatments such as those offered advanced injections. That have a much higher concentration of stem cells.
- The type of stem cells used by organizations. That is carefully isolated and grown inside a culture lab by a biologist over about a 2 week period. At which point they mature enough to be used in injections.
- The use of mesenchymal stem cells (or MSC’s) seems to be especially beneficial and appropriate for treating degenerative diseases. Whereas there is lost tissue, torn fibers and sometimes a bulging disc involved. In conditions. Wherein the body has stopped recognizing. That an area is damaged such as with osteoarthritis or chronic pain. These stem cell treatments may be most useful. Since they start the halted healing process once again.